Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Things Keep Going On.

I know I'm pretty far down South, but it's cold down here this morning.  We're at 25F and the heater is out in the house.  So I have a little box heater in my room and it makes it OK.  I don't look forward to summer here, but spring would be a welcome relief.

I've got a doctor's appointment today with a gastroenterologist.  I was telling Andi that in the last eight months I had lost about 42 pounds.  Since I haven't changed my diet and my activity is about the same my GP wants to run all sorts of test.  I haven't weighed what I weigh now since my early 20's.  What makes me mad is I've given away all my good clothes that used to fit me before I first got here and gained so much weight.  The shirts and stuff are still OK, but I guess I'll have to buy a couple of pairs of new jeans so I won't have to tighten my belt so much.  So I'll see the doctor today and he'll probably order test or procedures that I know I won't want to go through, but what can you do.......

George is still doing good.  For being over a hundred in human years he's still yappy as can be and still runs and jumps everywhere.  I watch the shows about dog breeds on Animal Planet sometimes.  After seeing all the health problems some dogs can get, I guess I'm pretty lucky with George.  I guess you would call him a mut, but I'm happy with him.

I'm still waiting for one of my brothers to get things together with me moving out of FMom's house.  Honestly, I can't wait.  I'll be very happy to be on my own again.  I love my brothers and sister, but a little privacy goes a long way. 

Other than that everything is going well.  I hope everyone is doing fine.

FM 

8 comments:

  1. Saying it again just for emphasis -- good luck at the doctor's.

    I sure hope they don't make you suffer too much and that whatever they find is no big deal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness, I hope you get a clean bill of health from the doc. About a year ago, I had a rather pronounced drop in weight, but mine was largely due to stress. Fortunately that's all it was, although in the process I did learn I apparently have inherited my dad's cholesterol and triglyceride problems. Ah, the joys of middle age! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Echoing the others in wishing you best of luck with the Dr visit. We went through that a bit ago here with a family member -- lots of weight loss; had to buy a new wardrobe too. His problem was diet related though - diet allergies and eventually his gall bladder. Scary when you don't know the cause. I hope you find out soon and it's nothing serious! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. And another echo from me, good luck at the doctor's. And I hope you either get warmer weather or more heat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Andi,

    Thanks again. This doctors visit wasn't anything big. Just some questions and to set up some procedures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Don,

    I thinking this might be from stress, but you have to go through the steps with test anyway. I know what you mean about inheriting the cholesterol and triglyceride problems. There are draw backs to getting older.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Candis,

    He's doing a procedure next week, so we'll see what's going on. Hope you're staying warm up there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mary,

    Thanks and we're getting very cold this week. I think it will warm up next week.

    ReplyDelete