Monday, January 24, 2011

New Blog

It seems like I'm back with a new blog.  I'm trying to keep it as close to the old one as possible, but there will be things I've forgotten or just missed.  This time I've gotten everything written down so I hopefully won't lose things as before.

I have a feeling that setting up this blog will take some time and I hate to say it, but it will also take a lot of effort.  I was telling Andi the other day that something had popped into my head and I had thought that would make a good story for my blog.  Unfortunately as soon as it popped into my head, it popped out again.  I hope this is a sign that I'm ready to start writing again.  One draw back I have right now is that I can't use Word as I did before.  Once my brother got this computer cleaned of all of his info, they left Word but I have to use a 25 digit code to get it to start working.  It is supposed to be on a disk that came with the computer.  Until my brother finds that disk I'll have to use the word processor that comes with blogger.  Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I found it easier to use Word.

OK this will be the first of I hope many new posts.  I hope everyone out there is doing fine and take care.

FM

8 comments:

  1. Here's another test, FM! Glad to see that you're back! I sure did miss you and your stories. Here's hoping this one lasts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay!

    I downloaded microsoft's livewriter and use it for all my blog posts. You can set it up to look exactly as if you are typing directly onto your blog and then hit "publish" when you are ready. But it also keeps a copy on your computer. But don't let it install ANYTHING else or the whole windows live experience takes over your computer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helloooooo Beth!!!!!

    You're the first visitor to the new blog. I'm hoping this one lasts also. What I'm really looking forward to is the opening of your new blog. Did you get any pictures of whales during you whale watching?

    Being out of the loop for so long has bought a lot of surprises. For instance, I didn't know you had moved from FL or that you had a new boyfriend. It's almost like Xmas and opening gifts. Just surprises everywhere.

    You take care and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Helloooooo Mary!!!!!

    I'll look up the livewriter right away. That is one thing I've always not liked about Microsoft. It seems like through the front or back door they're always trying to take over your whole computer.

    I think I said it before, but before I got this computer my brother went out and got himself a new Apple computer. When he gave me this computer he had only had his Apple for about a week. He was already singing its praises before he had even become comfortable with using it. The next new computer I'll ever buy will be an Apple.

    I hope your weather is getting better and that you're staying warm.

    Take care

    Whit

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Whit! If you go to docs.google.com when you're logged into Blogger, it should let you right in. You can write your posts there and save them. There should also be a WordPad application on your computer. It's like Word, but without a lot of the complex stuff. It should be perfect for blog-writing.

    Just a couple of ideas from your gearhead blog-buddy…

    ReplyDelete
  6. !! FamilyMan!!! As usual, I'm late to the party, but I'm so excited to see you blogging again!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Talk about late! We are like a glacier whose moving parts have all melted. I'm very glad you are back, FM, but I see that you seem to disappear again. Hmm. Must read more to see what this means.

    ReplyDelete